Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Update From Home

I talked with Mama on the phone today.  Last Friday, she fell in her room.  Today she said her ribs are still really sore and all bruised up.  BUT, she is doing so well.  She is making progress; her body is healing and adjusting.

I got a letter from her today.  I just have to share with you part of what she said:

"Dear Janis & family - I'm doing great!.... P.S. I Praise God!  Only He and prayers have brought me this far - not me myself."

For everyone who has prayed for Mama and is still praying for her, thank you so much.  God hears you and is honoring your prayers with answers of healing.  Mama goes to the doctor on Tuesday to see when he is going to release her to go home.  She really, really wants to go home.  She's been away for so many weeks.  And Daddy really, really wants her back home too.  It's been hard on him as well.  He's been man of the house cooking, cleaning, taking care of the dog, the bills.... and he misses his wife being there.

IN OTHER NEWS...

Today is Tom's birthday!  We don't usually do a lot of celebrating around here for birthdays and Valentine's Day and stuff like that, but I hope he is having a good day.  He came home for lunch, and I made lasagna.  (I just love that he works close enough to come home for lunch each day. Before we moved, he was driving 1 hour 10 minutes every day just to get to work and driving that again to get home at night.)

This weekend, we are planning on going to our first hockey game!  I'm so excited.  Of course that depends on if we can get tickets or not, but doesn't that just sounds like too much fun!  I've always wanted to go to a hockey game.  And now we live somewhere that has their very own hockey team.  Too cool.

We are also planning on going to the Oxygen & Octane Expo Saturday.  Never been to anything like this before, but they will have venders there for all sorts of winter sports equipment and apparel, Can-Can dancers from the Yukon performing, concessions, information booths..... Sounds like something we could spend hours at.  I've always loved to watch Can-Can dancers with their multi-colored lacy dresses ever since we visited Maggie Valley in the mountains as a little girl.  The dancing was always my favorite part.  I remember them kicking their legs up and yelling "woooo" and the pretty dresses swinging all over the place.

Hugs,
Janis

2 comments:

  1. sounds like things are going, dare I say it, well. I'm so glad. Hooray for Mamma, happy birthday TOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janis

    Pleased your Mum is improving, she sounds as though she is very determined which is good.

    B x

    ReplyDelete