Thursday, November 11, 2010

THANK YOU TO ALL VETERANS!


When we moved here to Texas a couple weeks ago, my husband surprised me with a new laptop!  (Yes, ladies, he's my best friend and my sugar daddy! LOL)  All of my Family Heritage pictures are still on my old computer back in Georgia.  I'm wishing so hard right now I had access to those photos to show you some great pictures of our military family through the years.  Maybe I'll update a new post with those when we go back at Thanksgiving to get the rest of our things.

Until then, please enjoy these photos of family and friends who have previously or who are currently serving our country.

Say THANK YOU every chance you get to them.  It means a lot.

And enjoy the video at the end of this post.

Our son, James, Army
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SERVE, WHO HAVE SERVED, AND WHO ARE LEFT BEHIND AT HOME AWAY FROM YOUR LOVED ONES THAT SERVE!  WE APPRECIATE YOU!!

My husband's brother, Bill, Navy
My husband's granddaddy, Gerald, I think Navy

My husband's Daddy, Charles, Navy

My future brother-in-law, Chris, Marines

My Daddy, Don, Navy (his blog here)

My Daddy's Daddy, Erby, Navy, I think
My Daddy's brother, Mike, Marines, I think
Our son, James, Army

My friend, Patricia's son, TJ, Army (her blog here)
My friend, Sheree's son, Matt, Army (her blog here)


After watching this video, you may want to read the article on The Gratitude Campaign blog HERE.

Ways you can get involved:

  • Visit the Gratitude Campaign HERE
  • Visit Operation Write Home HERE
May God bless you and yours and bring you together again soon in health and love.
:) Janis

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the awesome post and Thanks to all the past and present Vets. Thanks for fighting for our freedom and keeping us safe.
    ~Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best post, Janis! Your family obviously has a long history of partriotism and service, and I am eternally grateful for their bravery and dedication!
    Is James still deployed? I hope he is staying safe and will be able to come home for the holidays again this year.
    I can't believe it's been so long since I checked in on your blog :( I totally missed your big move back to the lower 48.
    Well, I've rambled long enough for one comment - LOL!
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have a huge Military family. We are a Military family also, husband was Navy and son is currently Navy (25 years so far) and is stationed currently in El Paso, TX attending the Command Master Chief Acadamy and studying for Masters Degree at University of Texas at El Paso. We are so proud. Thanks for sharing your family history.

    ReplyDelete