Thursday, January 31, 2013

Mojo Monday... Wish You Were Here

Hello all my bloggy, crafty friends! Today I'm posting my MOJO MONDAY Sketch #278 project for this week. This one was HARD! Okay, all sketches are hard for me, but that's why I'm trying my best to do as many of the MOJO MONDAY sketches this year - so I can get better at it.

Here is what the Mojo Monday Sketch #278 looks like:



Here is my creation just getting the design elements in place:



And here is my finished project:



Details:
  • Cricut Craft Room Basics:
    • Scallop Circle cut @ 5 1/2" and again at 1.778" for sentiment matting
    • Circle cut @ 5.014" for background and again at 1.528" for sentiment
    • Square cut @ 3.222" in purple for image matting and again @ 2.708 for image in white cardstock
  • Elegant Edges:
    • "Scallop 2" p. 24 cut @ 3.625 in dotted orange for background with scallop border
  • CTMH Art Philosophy:
    • "Banner 2" p. 29 three times @ 1 1/2" for banner tails in purple
    • Shop CTMH with Lucy
  • Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps:
    • "Lighthouses" stamp set used for image. Image was stamped twice to get rocks to go all the way across width and lighthouse was masked off.
    • Image colored with both BIC markers and Chalks
    • Background large white circle was also chalked in blue tones
  • CARDZ TV STAMPS:
    • **NEW** stamp set (in store this weekend for PRE-Order!) "Simply Said" used for sentiment
    • Sentiment inked around the edges with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink



Thanks for stopping by today! :) Janis

Entered:
Mojo Monday #278

Allsorts - 1E - #191  Masculine (Sat)
The Perfect Sentiment - must have sentiment on front - #64 Anything goes with a die cut (Wed) (all shapes are die cuts)
C.R.A.F.T. 5E - 192 Make a mask or use a mask (Thurs) (used a mask when stamping)
Moving Along With The Times - 3E -Your fav punches or dies (Thurs) (Elegant Edges are my Fav dies)

5 comments:

  1. great work and thanks for joining in with my challenge over at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful creation, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT X carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out super Janis I love the image in the middle the colorindg is fantastic!
    Have a great weekend my friend.
    DIANA L
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that nautical scene and the shape of your card
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our punch it out challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete