Saturday, March 30, 2013

HOP-py Easter!

I have had a ton of fun today. My husband, Tom, our brother, Jimmy, and Tom's brother, Tim, all worked outside today on our outdoor fireplace entertainment area. It's coming along nicely! Bonnie and I sat outside for a while just enjoying the sunshine.



It's a work in progress. There will be a light on the top of that column and flag stone added to the tops of everything. Two more brick columns and seating areas will be added in an L shape. But we are hoping to have it functional by next weekend for Bonnie's birthday party! We are wanting to make s'mores on the outdoor fireplace!

In between running back and forth to the store for different groceries and drinks, I played with my Silhouette Cameo. First I updated my software to the Designer's Edition so that I could have access to even more tools and be able to use SVG cuts. Then I went searching in the Silhouette online store for Easter Basket 3D cuts. I found several I liked, but decided on this one....


I cut out 19 of these little darlings and stamped faces on them using Peachy Keen PK-754 Critter Faces Set A Medium.



I used a white gel pen to color in part of the eyes, nose, and teeth. Added some twine around it's neck, and then added some Easter Grass, Easter Egg, and candy.


I inked around the edges of this one with Close To My Heart "Sunset" ink. At first I used mono adhesive, but they were staying stuck together, so I went back and used Score Tape instead - much mo' betta'.



I love my little Bunny Baskets! Thanks for stopping by today! :) Janis

Shop Close to My Heart with Lucy... HERE

Entered:
Cards For Men - 2W, must be masculine - (2nd week) Easter (Mon)
Cutie Pie Challenge - 2W - (2nd week) Easter (Mon)
Crafting for all Seasons - 2W, 3E - #48 Anything but a card (Wed)
Crafty Creations - #213 Easter (Wed)
Papercraft Star - 5C - #138 Easter (Wed)
Penny's Paper-Crafty - 3E - #120 anything but square (Wed)
Ruby's Rainbow - 2W, JFF, C10 - Easter (Wed)
4 Crafty Chicks - #135 Easter (Thurs)
DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge - 3E –  #105 (Ends 31st Mar) Easter (Thurs)
CAS-ual Fridays - C4, must be CAS – 96 CAS Easter project, but not a card (Fri)



23 comments:

  1. Your outdoor fireplace is looking nice!! I'm a little envious, lol. I'm also envious of your Cameo, I want one so bad. lol Love your little bunny boxes, they are so cute with their PK faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! Your outdoor fireplace and entertainment area is looking great!! Maybe I need to make another visit!!! :)
    I so love your darling Bunny Baskets! They are so darling. Have put the bug in Hubs ear about the Cameo. Maybe soon.......! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my --you are having so much fun I can tell!1 your peep baskets are adorable. I love my cameo. Will that fireplace be nice --sounds like a blast putting it together with family. Happy Easter Janis.
    Thanks for joining both of the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY CHALLENGES_Linky and Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janis, awww they are just adorable!!

    Thanks for joining in with us this time at The Cutie Pies.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous Easter baskets, a lovely selection of bright colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outdoor fireplace, looks great and I am sure you will have lots of fun using it!
    Your bunnies are adorable :)
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great little Easter Bunny baskets! Thanks for sharing them with us at Crafting For All Seasons in our Anything But A Card Challenge!
    Good Luck
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Outdoor Fireplace looks great and are so much fun. Your little Bunny Baskets are just adorable. I just got my Silhouette and barely have it out of the box to hook up...can't wait and hope to learn so much from you and all the Bloggers that has one.

    Have a great Easter!
    Dee B
    Crafdeecat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Easter Baskets, some little people are going to love them. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These turned out so very lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at Papercraft Star! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute - love them!

    Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are we all invited over for a cook out when the grill area is finished? Love the bunnies way to cute. You will love your Cameo even more now that you have updated it.

    Happy Easter
    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cute Easter baskets!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!!

    Hugs

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your little baskets!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that is going to be an awesome outdoor fire place! Your baskets came out so super cute. I love the difference the white gel pen made. Thank you for sharing this with us over at the Papercraft Star.

    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG freaking adorable

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for joining our Easter Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cannot stop laughing over the bunnies...TOO STINKIN CUTE!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your bunny boxes are just too cute! Thank you so much for playing along with the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute and very simple Easter baskets! Love how many you made too. Thank you so much for sharing your incredible inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chick.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! Super cute and simple! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The faces on your bunnies (especially the teeth) are SO adorable!! What great colors too. Fantastic project. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete