Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Lunch Recipe - Mexican Bites

Okay, so this isn't a craft, but here's what I made for lunch today.  Just thought I'd share.

First I ground some hamburger meat. (I don't really know how much it was.  We had bought a large pack, and I had divided it up into meal serving sizes.)

I added some chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and seasoning salt.   Drain.



Then I bought some biscuits and put them in a cupcake pan.  I have this really neat thing from Pampered Chef I use to squish the biscuits down and roll the sides up a little so it becomes like a mini bowl.


In a bowl I mixed shredded cheddar cheese, a couple spoons of Kidney Beans, a couple spoons of diced tomatoes, poured a little Pace in, poured a little spaghetti sauce in and mixed it all up.  Once the hamburger meat was cooked and drained, I mixed that in the bowl too.  Oh yeah, and I almost forgot to tell you, I sprinkle a little bit of Olive Oil in the mix just to get in my daily good oils.  It doesn't add any flavor to the recipe or anything like that. 



I spooned the mixture into the biscuit cups and baked according to the biscuit directions.  Just be careful not to add too much of the mixture because remember your biscuits are going to rise a little while baking and you don't want everything dumping out into your stove.  That would make a terrible mess to clean up.

I make another recipe similar to this one except it's Pizza Bites and the mixture is hamburger, sausage, pepperonis, cheese and pizza sauce.  My hubby loves those!

Let me know if you try this.  It's not really something I crave, but Bonnie and Tom enjoy it, and it makes a lot and is easy.

4 comments:

  1. glad to have you back. I think hubby would like your lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really looks good, I think I will make it and tweak it a bit ,use taco seasoning instead of the spaghetti sauce,yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yummy Janis, I am taking he recipe to give it a go. Thanks for sharing.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys, I'm with Lizzy. If I had had taco seasoning, I would have used that instead of spaghetti sauce. I just needed something to hold the mixture all together.

    ReplyDelete