Thursday, May 31, 2012

Women Are Like Teabags... MFPS Project

Cricut Cardz Ch# 109... Click Here
Crafting For All Seasons Ch# 28... Click Here

Good afternoon! What a nice day we are having here at our house. If I could just get my throat to stop hurting, things would be simply perfect. :)

The card I want to show you is a little different style that what I normally create. As usual, I got up this morning, checked my emails, checked the social stream on Facebook (don't want to miss any important family news since that's where we tend to find out everything LOL), and then went to Feline Playful to check out all the challenges going on that started today. Do you like entering challenges? I love the index site at Feline Playful. All the challenges are listed by day of the week they start and then they have codes by them so you can see at a glance some of the challenge rules for the site. Whoever put this together did a fab job doing it.

So.... after checking out all the challenges that started today, I made a list and create the card I'm about to show you.  I used all MARK'S FINEST PAPERS AND STAMPS image and sentiment stamps. It's from the stamp set "RELAX A BIT". 

RELAX A BIT
MARK'S FINEST PAPERS AND STAMPS 
My friend, Sharon @ MeeMee's Creations, has this stamp set too, so I'm really interested to see what she creates with it! Would you guys like your very own Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps Stamp Set? You would? Hmm.... :)  I'll be giving away one of their FAB stamp sets in JUNE, so check back with me on June 5th to see how you can win. Not sure yet if I'll do a challenge to enter or just leaving a comment to enter... what do you think?

Ready to see my card? 

Project #244 of this year

  • A2 size card 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
  • Papers from My Mind's Eye & Hoot Hoot
  • Pearl brad from Creative Charms
  • ELEGANT EDGES used for sentiment matting p. 21 cut @ 3 1/2" with Shadow and again @ 3 3/4 for newspaper print
  • Teabag and Sentiment both from "Relax A Bit" stamp set from the February 2012 Release @ MARK'S FINEST PAPERS AND STAMPS
Supplies Used (Click links for more info or to SHOP!):

Challenge Themes show below links (Click links below to visit these challenge sites): 

C.R.A.F.T. #157 Background Text (newspaper print on sentiment matting & on card matting)
Crop Stop #74 Pretty Pearls (pearl brad)
Paper Play #22 Double Delight - use 2 of something (used 2 papers)
Truly Scrumptious #81 Pink - used pink papers
Divas By Design #37 Anything Goes
Stampavie and More #169 - For a Girl

Thanks for stopping by today! Smiles! :) Janis

11 comments:

  1. Love that sentiment!!
    great little card
    Thanks for playing along with the Diva's this week and good luck in the challenge
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! What an awesome stamp set. Love the sentiment. Thanks for joining our CropStop Pearl Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! Love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at CropStop for our Pretty Pearls challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and great sentiment :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh I love what you did with this stamp set!!! I haven't decided yet what I'm gonna make. I love the sentiment piece and that great brad. The ribbon is just perfect down the middle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, fab sentiment, thanks for sharing with us at Paper play, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. True! Thank you for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love the pearl accent! Thanks for joining us at CropStop for the pearl challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty.... I love this
    Thank you for joining us at CropStop for this weeks challenge
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your card with us....pearls for CropStop! :)

    ReplyDelete