Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Miltary Service Thank you and Pennant Thank You Card

Hello all my bloggy and crafty friends!
I hope all of you had a very relaxing and fun weekend!
We went to the State Farmer's Market and got some raw peanuts to boil. Every had boiled peanuts? Yes? Then you know how yummy they are. No? Then you need to try it. So good.
We also did some yardwork, grilled out a couple of days, and did a lot of outdoor sitting either in the sunshine or on the front porch. One of the fun things about sitting on the front porch is watching the squirrels play in the front yard, and watchnig the variety of birds swoop down to grab a piece of bread we crumble in the yard a few times a week.

Thank you to all of our military who have served past, present, and future!
Including my family members:


My daddy, Don Ellisor, standing by a town monument honoring
our family for starting one of the cities here.


My daddy, Don, in Spain during his Navy service.



My daddy's home while he was in the Navy.
My Daddy's Mama and Daddy with my Daddy standing and his brother in
his mama's arms. During my Granddaddy, Erby's, Navy service.
Our son, Jimmy, in Iraq, currently serving in the Army
My husband's daddy, Charles, served in the Navy

My husband's Granddaddy, Ashley, served in the Navy

My husband's brother, Bill, served in the Navy
Our nephew, Mitchell, currently serving in the Air  Force
And so many other family members past and present who served in the 
Military, various branches, various wars.

My 6th generation Grandfather, John Martin Hook, came to America
from Hesse, Germany to serve in the Revolutionary War. 
His grave is unmarked and lost. But here are some other ancestors of ours
who have served our country.
Thank you all.













I have not thanked all of our family who has served with photos above, but each and every one are surely appreciated for your sacrifice and service. Thank you to all military everywhere for the daily grind of serving and the sacrifices made from you and your family and loved ones.

Now.... I know you are probably wondering if I'm every going to get to the card I made to show you.....



Here's My Project Recipe
Project Name:  Pennant Thank You

Stamp Sets:

  • Little Friends
    • 122665 wood
    • 122667 clear
  • Paper Pumpkin Welcome Kit Splatter stamp
Inks:

  • 126981 Basic Gray
  • Ruby Red (retired)
Papers:

  • 126961 Bashful Blue
  • 129310 Gingham Garden
  • 100730 Whisper White
  • 121045 Basic Black
Accessories:

  • 122361 Petite Pennants Builder Punch
  • 119849 Modern Label Punch
  • 119747 Brights Designer Buttons
  • 126877 Whisper White 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
  • 127749 Chevron Embossing Folder
Adhesives:
  • 104332 SNAIL Adhesive
  • 104331 SNAIL Refill
  • 103683 Glue Dots
Technique:

  • Pennants punched with double-sided paper from Gingham Garden and adhered together with SNAIL.
  • Everything was inked around the edges with Basic Grey ink.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
:) Janis
Follow on Bloglovin
Entered:  
Craft It Up & Link It Up Linky Party by Craftin Desert Divas - 2W - (1st week) Ribbon or Twine (Mon)
Make it Monday - W - always Anything Goes (Mon)
The Perfect Sentiment - must have sentiment on front - #80 Anything Goes (Wed)
Fab 'n' Funky - 1E, C10 - #172 Ribbon/Lace (Wed)


9 comments:

  1. Great tribute to your family and all who have served! Thanks for sharing the photo's of the ones near and dear to you.
    Your card is beautiful! The papers are fun, love the embossing and such cute banners!
    Have a great week!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story with so many wonderful people to thank. I love seeing old photos and it's even better to learn about the people too.

    Your card is really sweet and I love the floral paper. Great bunting too.

    Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful post to go with a beautiful card. Please thank Jimmy for me. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh!!! Janis what a wonderful tribute to your family Thank them from me for their service. your card is beautiful also.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous tribute to your family members who served or are serving in the Armed Forces. My deepest gratitude to them.

    Love your sweet card. Very pretty colors. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment this week. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tribute to your family. Your card is adorable, love those banners.Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Ribbon or Twine “ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful blog entry. It was very special and thanks for sharing it.
    Your card turned out great! I love those pennants.

    I saw you on MIM. Come and see what I've been up to!
    kren@
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your salute to our Armed Forces and as a military brat myself I stand with you in saluting these brave souls. Beautiful card Janis! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply fabulous card and thank you for sharing so much with us, it is just so touching! Thank you for joining us this week at the Fab n Funky Challenge! I hope you play along with us again soon!

    Jackie, Fab n Funky DT

    ReplyDelete